Safe Cruising Travel Advisory – Coronavirus COVID-19
Rockport Cruises look forward to welcoming you onboard for your 1000 Islands Cruise.
We understand that there may be concerns regarding COVID-19 and want to assure you of our continued commitment to the safety, health and well-being of our guests and crew members.
We are following all guidelines set out by Provincial and Community Health Authorities regarding COVID-19. We are governed and inspected by these agencies on a regular basis to maintain our compliance and our excellent safety and sanitation track record.
Rockport Cruises maintains a rigorous process of cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing our vessels and public areas.
The safety of our staff, crew and all passengers is our top priority. You will notice the following enhanced COVID-19 prevention and new controls in place this season.
- Staff and Passenger screening before boarding
- Staff and Passengers will be required to wear a face mask while on board the boat and in the General Store.
- Hand sanitizer stations at boarding and onboard
- Reducing guest capacity on our boats, in restaurants and bar.
- Enforcing social distancing at our ticket office, boarding lines, boats and restaurants
- We have increased the frequency and focus of our cleaning procedures, with focus on high touch areas like handrails, doorknobs and all public surfaces
- Frequent hand washing, thorough disinfection of food preparation surfaces before and after service, as well as regular sanitization of our vessels before and after service
Protecting yourself using proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others by following these PHAC recommendations:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- when coughing or sneezing:
- cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
Rockport Cruises is proud of our team’s proven commitment to maintaining an outstanding standard of cleanliness and safety. While we are committed to keeping you safe, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19. We are confident in our procedures and we look forward to welcoming guests aboard this season.